My 6 year old son was shockingly watching and enjoying Barney episodes this morning. I actually like that he likes this sweet and cuddly stuff still, because he usually watches kick em, punch 'em action shows like Power Rangers.
And I was watching along, because the songs made me so nostalgic for the years 1999 through 2003 when my teen daughters were little. I realized the dinosaur who is the butt of jokes for his sickening sweetness actually taught some great life lessons.
1. Good manners are important to everyone in the world. (That is so true, many adults are rude and obnoxious jerks.)
2. Everything is more fun and special when you do it with a friend.
3. Please and thank you are the Magic Words!
4. When you're feeling silly and happy and want to laugh, let it show!
5. Give a great big hug and kiss to your family members who you love.